Forfatter Emne: Jens Chrestensen Myhre 1791 - death record help  (Læst 5671 gange)

David Madison

• Gæst
Jens Chrestensen Myhre 1791 - death record help
« Dato: 10. Januar 2014 kl:20:35 »
Hi,

I am an American and and unfortunately do not know Danish.  I hope you will be able to read this and help me with my genealogy research.  Many of my ancestors lived on Bornholm.  My great-grandfather Bendt Mathias Myhre and Julie Helene Hansen left Bornholm in 1884.  During their 5000 mile journey to Chicago, Illinois USA they fell in love and were married in 1885.

I am seeking records for Bendt's grandfather; Jens Chrestensen Myhre:
death:  when and where
burial:  when and where

This is the information I have about Jens and his wife Kirstine Clausdatter:

Jens Chrestensen (Christensen) Myhre 
        born:  1791   Nexø sogn, Sønder herred, Bornholm, Danmark  (birth date unknown)
           son of Chresten Jensen Myhre (1768 -   ) +  Maren Kierstine Olsdatter Møjes (1768 -   )
        christened:  11 Sep 1791, Sunday   Nexø Kirke, Nexø sogn, Sønder herred, Bornholm, Danmark
        married:  9 Sep 1815, Saturday, age 24    Kirstine Clausdatter, age 36
     place married:   Sct. Bodils Kirke. Bodilsker sogn, Sønder herred, Bornholm, Danmark
   died:  1860 – 1880         please help with when and where
   buried:       please help with when and where
Kirstine Clausdatter (aka Pedersen)   
        born:  14 Mar 1779    Bodilsker sogn, Sønder herred, Bornholm, Danmark
           daughter of Claus Pedersen (1745 -1826)  + Karen Mortensdatter  (1743 -1819)
   married:  1815    Jens Chrestensen Myhre 
   died:  1860 – 1880       when and where?
   buried:      when and where?

If you have luck with Jens and have time, I would also like the same information for his wife Kirstine. 
Also, if you see any errors in the information I have, please tell me.

Additionally, I have found a listing for Jens on your website.  However, I am not a member so do not have access.  This is what I found:
Bornholm Probate Records:  Jens Christensen Myhre; Sønder Herred 3; 1819, 398
                              Jens Christensen Myhre; Nexø 5; 1837, 193
                                   Jens Christensen Myhre; Nexø 5; 1842, 504 & 537
Is there any information in the probate records that would be helpful to me?

Thank you for your help.

Tak,

David Madison
Denver, Colorado  USA

Birgit

• Gæst
Sv: Jens Chrestensen Myhre 1791 - death record help
« Svar #1 Dato: 13. Januar 2014 kl:11:15 »
Hej

In Bodilsker, Bornholm dies Jens Christensen Myhre D 23 maj of 1866. He is buried D 31 maj of 1866. He's 75 years. It fits quite nicely with your Jens Christensen Myhre was born 1791.
The information is from Arkivalieronline.http :/ / www.sa.dk/ Bornholm, Bodilsker 1859-1891 bulletin 174
Hope this is the right person
Regards Birgit

Birgit

• Gæst
« Svar #2 Dato: 13. Januar 2014 kl:20:16 »
Hello
I think I found Kirstine in http://www.sa.dk/ Bodilsker 1859-1891 bulletin 201 She die d May 9 and is buried d May 16, 1866, she is en 87 years.
Regards Birgit

• Gæst
« Svar #3 Dato: 14. Januar 2014 kl:13:38 »
Hi David

It would be a great help, if you could give me/us the pieces of information regarding the date and place of the death and burial of Bendt Mathias Myhre and Julie Helene Hansen for our database with born and deceased persons of Bornholm. This is the link to the database: http://www.bslf.dk/born.asp

Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Lass Mahler, member of Bornholm Genealogy – and Local History Society

David Madison

• Gæst
« Svar #4 Dato: 17. Januar 2014 kl:07:25 »
Hi Birgit,

Thanks for your help.  The two citations you found are perfect! Would you please translate to English  for Jens:  ___??___ Balka.  And translate to English for Kirstine:  Stand, Haandtering of Opholdssted.

Thanks for helping me.

Tak,

David

David Madison

• Gæst
« Svar #5 Dato: 17. Januar 2014 kl:07:45 »
Hi Lass,

I would be pleased to send you the information I have compiled for the Bent Mathias Myhre and Julie Helene Hansen family.  I am working back in time.  With the information Birgit so graciously supplied I will be able to complete a couple more generations and I will forward them to you as soon as I have completed them.

I am having difficulty navigating your website.  I have not found a way to attach files.  If you would please send me your email address I will send a .pdf file directly to you.

Another thought.  Am I correct to assume if a death or burial is listed in the kirkebøger the burial was in the parish kirkegaard and not at another cemetery?  The reason I ask is in agrarian America communities from the 1600s to the end of the 1800s farm families were buried on their own farms.  Only people without land were buried in church cemeteries.  However, I do not know what the custom was in Danmark.

Tak,

David
dmadison51@hotmail.com

Birgit

• Gæst
« Svar #6 Dato: 18. Januar 2014 kl:22:37 »
Hello
I'm sorry that I can not see what is written by Jens. but Balka is a small fishing village not far from Bodilsker, so I'd say they both come from there. Perhaps there are others who can get it closer
Regards Birgit

• Gæst
« Svar #7 Dato: 19. Januar 2014 kl:14:33 »
Hi

Jens is a "Undentagsmand", which is his "Stand". "Undentagsmand" means that a person could live at the estate the rest of his life for free. He was provided for. "Stand" can be translated into "class of society". "Haandtering" is what a person does for his living - i.e. farmer, fisherman, or servant. "Opholdssted" is residence.

Kind regards
Lass